Left navigation

Travel Documents

Journeys to Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland
When travelling to these countries, you need your identity card or passport. Children require a children’s identity card. All documents must be valid at least until the date of leaving the country concerned.

Journeys to the Baltic States
To enter the Baltic States, EU citizens do not require a visa but must hold a passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry (also applies for children). The driver must carry the original certificate of registration for the vehicle. The green card (insurance) is only valid in Latvia and Estonia. For Lithuania, you require additional insurance cover, which must be taken out at the border crossing point at the latest.

Scandlines Deutschland GmbH does not assume any liability for this information. Please obtain the necessary information from the relevant public authorities as required.